A Nova is a star that releases a tremendous burst of energy, becoming temporarily extraordinarily bright. This is also what happens to our Nova. When the X-rays hit the surface, it lights up very brightly. However, the RTI Nova is much more than a fluorescent screen. It is a complete solution which allows you to check the extension of the light field as well as the X-ray field. The fields are compared and documented in a clear, obvious and unbiased manner. It helps you to store and report the results in an easy way. And the best of all, Nova will work on all types of X-ray machines, both digital and analogue. It is also in accordance with international standards.
The Nova rulers can be placed in a cross or next to each other in a fan-shaped fashion. Every ruler is a sandwich construction consisting of a copper scale (so it can be seen on an X-ray image), a scintillator layer and on top a visual scale. Four orientation markers that run along the rulers are included. They are placed at the borders of the light field. These markers are also visible on the X-ray image.
A camera is included to easy capture a video of the fluorescence without being in the room. Since the markers also are visible in the snapshot, you can easily see the deviation between the two fields.
Available for delivery are the models Nova "Rad" and Nova "Rad Lite". The Nova "Rad" contains:
• Four rulers (The Nova "Rad Lite" includes 2 Rulers).
• Four orientation markers enabling the orientation of the device to be seen both in the camera image and in the X-ray image.
• Suction cup for attachment to a flat surface.
• Digital Web Camera with Software for taking images of the light and radiation field. Camera positioning arm with universal clamp for attaching the camera to most protruding surfaces.
• 8 meters of active USB cable for connecting the camera to a PC with a USB 2.0 port.
• Nova software for acquiring and processing of the digital images both from the digital camera and importation of the digital X-ray image.
Article Nr (Nova Rad): 9751001-00
Article NR (Nova Rad Lite): 9751001-01
Please enter your user name and password below.
If you are the proud owner of a Barracuda, Piranha, or Nova you just have to enter your serial number as the user name and leave the password box empty.